Tuesday, December 25, 2012

HardDoor--now tumblr-ized!

If you couldn't tell by now, I like posting pictures here at HardDoor whenever I can. I have literally thousands of pictures, and there are a number of things I'd like to do picture-wise on HD, but alas, the Blogger-connected Picasa only gives you so much room, and I'd rather save that space for future anime reviews and previews. Additionally, I don't think some of what I had in mind would necessarily fit into the style and format of the blog.

So I got to thinking: since HardDoor isn't really confined to just Blogger anymore--Twitter (personal thoughts, live blogging, biggest source of random content) and Facebook (exclusive pictures, rankings, the occasional quick prediction) have their own functions by extension--why not just expand the blog through another venue? It crossed my mind beforehand, but I had decided to start something at tumblr!

HardDoor: Screenshot Haven has actually been open since Dec. 13, but it is dedicated primarily to screenshots that I have taken over time, as well as other nice, pretty pictures. The screenies range from the cool-looking and elegant, to the weird and embarrassingly-drawn, plus I'll post the occasional edited screenshot and a few shots from HardDoor, itself. These are predominately ones that I have taken and/or edited myself, though pictures beyond that will have likely have come from elsewhere. I'll also be "reblogging" interesting pictures from other tumblr users, as well, and while the majority of what's posted will be anime-related, there is no real set type of content that'll be shown. If it's neat, I'll post it.

More or less, it's kind of like HD in picture form or some mini-version of it (it even has a slightly different logo!). I'll still post pictures here, mind you, but if you are in the mood for some more interesting screenshots or pictures, come and check out HardDoor: Screenshot Haven, too. Hope you all enjoy it!!

--HD

No comments:

Post a Comment